Men's Ministry Family Canoe Trip
Open to ALL families
July 5 thru 9, 2018 (with options to arrive on July 6 or 7), along the Current River near Eminence, Missouri
We've put together four- and five-day itineraries that allow plenty of time to for families to play, explore, enjoy the water and relax. Maximize your downtime (and minimize hassle) by participating in our meal plan. Details below.
Itinerary and Camp Information:
- (optional) 7/5 - Leave Topeka a day early for an additional day of camping, fun and adventure.
- Friday 7/6 - Leave Topeka and travel to camp location to set up.
- Saturday 7/7 - A relaxing day for playing in the river and exploring local attractions. Some families will choose to arrive this day.
- Sunday 7/8 - First day floating with the local outfitter, who provides watercraft and personal floatation devices. This is a longer trip. We will eat lunch along the river.
- Monday 7/9 - Our last day includes a shorter float trip. Families will return to camp with time to tear down, pack up and drive home by evening.
- Our group campsite is the Alley Springs campground and located on state highway MO-106, Eminence, MO 65466. The GPS coordinates are 37.1464° N, 91.4455° W. Expect a drive time of 5 ½ to 6 hours depending on your chosen route. We have only reserved tent camping sites. There is no electricity at the group campsite. If you require a campsite with electricity, you'll need to reserve a separate site with the Alley Springs campground.
- All families should bring marshmallows, chocolate bars and graham crackers for making s'mores each evening.
- All families should bring their own supply of bottled water and other drinks for time at camp and on the river. A cooler that will sit in the canoe with bungee cords to strap in down is suggested. A supply of personal snacks for each float trip is recommended (trail mix, jerky, nuts, cookies, fruit, etc.).
- Sunday night is a TBC tradition around the fire. We provide to all families homemade cobbler and ice cream!
- Don’t forget insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats.
Two steps are required to register:
(three if you're taking advantage of the meal plan)
- #1 - CLICK HERE to reserve your campsite and pay $2.22 per person, per night camping fees.
- #2 - Call the outfitter at 888-96-FLOAT (888-963-5628) to reserve your gear for the float trips. Make sure you mention that you're part of the Topeka Bible Church group. Deposits must be paid via credit/debit at the time of reservation; balance of rental fees is due upon arrival at the outfitter. Our outfitter is Harvey's Alley Spring Canoe Rental.
- #3 (Optional) - CLICK HERE to pay for your meal plan. Scroll down for meal plan information and links to payment. For the purposes of meal plans, children are age 10 and under.
Please note you will not be completely registered for the trip until steps 1 and 2 are finished!
Two float trips are available, one on Sunday 7/8 and one on Monday 7/9. It may be tempting to save on costs by bringing your own watercraft, but you will have to make arrangements with someone to meet you at the take out point and return you and your watercraft to the campsite. Outfitter costs are below and include the use of personal flotation devices:
- $15 deposit per kayak/canoe (a canoe holds 2-3 people)
- $50 deposit per raft (for larger families)
- $40 per canoe/kayak/raft rental for long float on Sun 6/8
- $35 per canoe/kayak raft rental for short float on Mon 6/9
Meal plan and costs
Our Men’s Ministry offers a meal plan option that takes care of the planning, shopping and preparation of all meals after arriving at the campground. This is especially helpful for families with younger kids who want to play in the river while dinner is being prepared. Meals can be purchased individually so families can make the most of time and dollars.
Meals are priced at $6 per adult per meal and $4 per child (age 10 and under). You meal plan begins with the evening meal on the day you arrive and continues through lunch Monday.
Thursday arrivals - adults $72, children $48
Friday arrivals - adults $54, children $36
Saturday arrivals - adults $36, children $24
CLICK HERE to purchase your meal plan. Deadline for meal plans is noon, Sunday, 6/24.
Meal plan menu
For families arriving on Friday or Saturday, meal plan costs include the evening meal only for the day of arrival.