When We Meet
Sunday Mornings - ALL Young Adults Class
9:20 AM at College Ave. Building Underground – West Room
Tuesday Nights – Young Professionals / College Small Group
6:30 PM at Jon Wilson's House (email Joe for information)
Thursday Nights – Young Marrieds Small Group
6:30 PM at The Dalfonso’s House (email Joe for information)
Weekends – Various Events and Outreaches
- Married vs. Single Sport Competitions
- Local Hikes/Camping Trips
- Game Nights
- Serving at the Topeka Rescue Mission
- Special Events (The Newlywed Game, Family Feud, etc.)
About TBC's Young Adults Community
The vision of the Young Adult Community at Topeka Bible Church is to see young adults (college age through 35) making the most out of their young adult years by personally leading others to life and growth in Christ. In our events, classes, and small groups, you will see us place special emphasis on these values:
- Community – We offer multiple opportunities each week for connecting, just as the early church broke bread in their homes and ate together regularly (Acts 2:46).
- Bible – We teach from the Bible on Sunday mornings, because the Word of God is “a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (Psalm 119:105).”
- Prayer – Just as the early church “gathered together constantly in prayer (Acts 1:14),” we plan to do likewise!
- Outreach and Missions – We will have regular local outreaches and mission trips because Jesus calls us to “go into all the world and preach the gospel (Mark 16:15).”
- Discipleship – Our goal is to have regular discipleship occurring in our community, since Jesus asked us to teach others to obey everything He commanded us (Matthew 28:20)
- Spiritual Growth – The result of all we do should be spiritual growth: “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).”
Our Young Adult Community is designed for those between the ages of 18 and 35 and is composed of four subgroups:
- College Students
- Young Professionals (i.e. Post-College Singles)
- Young Marrieds
- Young Families (includes Single Parents with Children)
When we think of Young Professionals, we think of the totality of post-college singles in a wide range of jobs such as auto/engine repair, accounting, engineering, plumbing, retail, food service, etc.
Joe Dalfonso and his wife Rebekah are the leaders of our Young Adult Community. Joe was born in Buffalo, New York and was raised there in the Catholic church. During his college years in Buffalo, he came to learn that salvation is “by faith in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9)” and made a commitment to follow Christ. After college, Joe moved to Phoenix, Arizona to take a job as an industrial engineer with a Fortune 500 company for 12 years. Joe then served as a teacher in children’s ministry and became a leader in the young adult ministry of his local church. In 2005 he graduated with an MBA from Arizona State University and met his wife Rebekah, who was born and raised in Phoenix. Joe and Rebekah served in youth ministry for two years and then became the leaders of the young adult ministry at a megachurch in Phoenix. In 2016 Joe graduated from Phoenix Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree and began working at Topeka Bible Church as Pastor of Young Adults. Joe and Rebekah have a daughter, Olivia, and a son, Luke.
This year's goals
In line with our values of Bible and Spiritual Growth, we have set two goals for the Young Adult Community:
- To memorize 10 important Bible verses and
- To read at least one chapter per day in the Bible.
Outreach and Missions
In line with our value of outreach and missions, we are determined to share the gospel with our Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and ends of the earth:
- Our local outreach: Topeka Rescue Mission
- Our national outreach: U.S. Disaster Relief with Samaritan’s Purse
- Our international outreach: Hungary
Our goal in all outreach is not only to display the love of Christ, but to share verbally the message of the gospel. For “how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? (Romans 10:14).”
We send out weekly emails and have a Facebook group called “TBC Young Adults” for Community members to connect and be kept informed about upcoming events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or if you are interested in becoming a part of this community!